Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Eve Before Botox

I just wanted to make a small announcement to those that are keeping track of Hunter's progress and blog.

He will be going in for his botox treatment tomorrow at 2:30 pm. This will be the first time he is receiving the injections. As I previously wrote in past blogs, this was a hard decision for me to make. The internet painted this out to be dangerous in young children. After careful consideration and advice from the doctors, we decided to move forward with the Botox treatments. We remain a little scared and very hopeful that this will help improve the spasticity in his leg muscles, with a focus on the right leg, caused by the cerebral palsy.

From my understanding, Hunter will need to be sedated and taken back to the OR. They will administer the injections there. Since this is the first time Hunter has had Botox treatments done, I'm not entirely clear of everything it will entail.

Please pray for him that this is successful. Hopefully, we will have a two year old soon that will be able to walk. I will post updates here tomorrow.

0 comments: