Monday, June 16, 2008

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hunter went to 6 hours twice a day on the cannula.

The doctor said that if he can go from 2 PM to 8 PM, then 2 AM to 8 AM on the cannula, they will consider moving him strictly to cannula. He would be off the CPAP. He is more comfortable on the nasal cannula. He does not like the CPAP.

I think I mentioned this before, but the nasal cannula is the least amount of support that they give. He would be on 2 liters of pressure and they would slowly decrease that to 1/2 a liter before he came home. I am preparing for him to be on the nasal cannula when he comes home because of his chronic lung disease. A miracle may happen and he may not need it. For now, I am preparing myself. If that is the case, it would only be for up to one year, possibly less. Periodically, we (Hunter and me) would need to stay the night at St. Joe's where they would study him on the nasal cannula. They would eventually ween him off.

He is up to 3 pounds 4 ounces. They increased his feeds today to 1 ounce, every 3 hours.

0 comments: