Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back in St. Joe's again at the Family Birth Center. Room # LDR15, Phone Number 734/712-8315. P.S. I was admitted and will be here for at least 48 hours if not longer.

I am getting to know the nurses really well. As sweet as they have all been, I am really sick of seeing this place. I would never expect that I would have a relationship with the nurses and doctors at the St. Joe’s Birthing Center.

We'll here's the story...I was feeling a little weird over this last past weekend. I was having some of the symptoms that I originally had before they admitted me the first time. I would call it intuition. I told Tim that I had to give my doctor a call. I called the on call doctor and explained to them what was going on. They told me that they wanted to see me in the hospital ASAP. So, here I am. I had another ultrasound. Things appear to be getting worse and not better.

They also did a level II ultrasound to see how big Hunter was. I am at 23 weeks 4 days pregnant. The baby weighs 1 pound 4 ounces. He is at the borderline age of viability and has such a personality. Hunter MUST take after me, haha. He is waving, opening and closing his hands right in front of the monitor, kicks and plays with all the stuff they put on my belly. He does not like those gadgets. It is so cute. I was asking questions during the ultrasound. Hunter would nod his head as if making a yes or no. It was coincidence, but so cute. He is healthy and not affected by any of this. Mom is going through it all. But, it is how I would prefer it. I wish I could take away any difficulty he had in the future and put it on me.

They have started the steroid treatments. I guess they thought I didn't have big enough muscles. It is time to build them up so I can beat up Tim...ha - just joking. The steroid treatments speed up lung development in Baby Hunter. It also decreases the odds of complications in a preemie. They weren't going to start it until 24 weeks. But, they decided it was best to do it now. They are also giving me a medication-gosh, I can't remember the name. It is a smooth muscle relaxer. It has me a little loopy right now. This is to prevent any further contractions that would make me dilate. I guess this smooth muscle relaxer is why I am being so nonchalant in this email. Don't get me wrong. Emotionally, I am mess. I don't think I have ever been through anything harder in my life. All of these medications do not hurt the baby in any shape or form. Trust me. This was one of the first questions that I asked.

We meet with the neonatologist tomorrow. They think that it is a good idea to discuss what is in store for Baby Hunter. We will probably be making some big decisions shortly that will affect Hunter's life. I am scared. I have never been more scared. I will know more tomorrow. I won't make assumptions, but will send out another email when I know facts.

For now, I appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, and support that all my friends and family have given me and Baby Hunter. It means more than you'll ever know.

Please continue to pray for Baby Hunter. One thing is for certain; his life is in God's Hands.

0 comments: