Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I just wanted to send out an update. At 24 weeks 4 days (last night), I went into pre term labor with contractions 13 minutes apart. Oh my gosh! If I ever felt pain in my life, that was it. It was completely taking my breath away. The nurse came in and said they were still mild. I looked at her and almost ripped her throat out. I thought to myself...mild....what's severe? It was a true test of my pain tolerance and it told me that when this actually happens, I am an epidural candidate without question.

They had to put an IV back in my arm, get fluids in me real quick and the contractions started too ease up and go away. I am still getting them periodically today. They are not concerned unless they start getting on a rhythm again. I had a talk with Hunter and explained to him that he might be doing really good in my belly, but the outside world will not be so good to him yet.

Before the contractions started last night, it was a really bad day. There was another girl in the room next door to me. She was the same gestation as me, minus a day or two. She went into labor, but the baby didn't make it. This affected me pretty bad. So, when this happened to me last night, I was really scared. Everybody's situation is different and I know my situation is not the same as hers. I am trying to keep my chin up at such an uncertain time.

Thank you for all your praying and support

0 comments: