Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday, May 9, 2008

Mom is really anxious today and really worried. They tried to stop the suction again yesterday and his oxygen levels went up. There was a lot of pressure on his abdomen from the air building up in his intestines. After talking to Dr. Everett, we are waiting for the surgeon to make the final say. For now, they are letting Baby Hunter rest on the respirator. On Monday, May 12th, they are going to talk to the radiologist and start running the test to see where the blockage is at. This could happen as early as Monday or Wednesday of next week. After that, we will know more. We are just playing wait and see right now. Hunter is at 960 gram. According to the nurse, surgeons like to wait until they are at least 1100 grams. Hunter is on something called “TPN”. This is a no food restriction diet and strictly food through an IV bag. It is made up of everything he needs nutrionally. The hard balance is that it can harm his liver. I guess this is why I am so anxious for him to get fixed. Other than, I dream of the day he is coming home. I dream of the day when I can kiss him, hold him, and not look at him through an incubator, when he can lay in bed with me and we can cuddle. I just want him home with me so badly. I sit here daily.

0 comments: