Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hunter comes off the respirator!

May 24, 2009

Good news:

HUNTER CAME OFF THE RESPIRATOR TODAY!!!! Before he came off the respirator he was still tolerating full feeds at 21 cc's and had a couple poopy diapers. Yeah!!!!



Bad News:

Hunter's second culture came back positive. He still has his infection. The doctors and nurses seem pretty relaxed about it. I try to pick up there same attitude. But, I still worry about him. They increased the amount of antibiotics they are giving him to try to fight off the bug.

Did I mention that HUNTER CAME OFF HIS RESPIRATOR TODAY? I got to hear him cry and make sounds. Oh my! The next step is to make sure he can tolerate his feeds while he is on CPAP. CPAP blows more air into his tummy . They will also be gradually moving him over to breast milk.

0 comments: