Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday, April 13, 2009

So, what happens the week that Hunter comes off oxygen - Yep, everyone in our house comes down with a cold. So far, Hunter isn't showing any signs - but close observation now is necessary.

Yesterday, we decided to quit monitoring him on his pulse oximeter during the day time. The doctor wanted us to monitor him for one week. I can't explain how scary it is to take oxygen away from a child that has always needed something to help him breathe. Because of that, I monitored him a little longer than a week. He has done so well and I'm just being super cautious, maybe paranoid a little. I'm mom and that's my job, right?

Last night, we noticed that the kids were sneezing and coughing. I was feeling pretty congested and tired. Tim was also feeling something. Today, I woke up to a full blown cold. I was hoping it was my allergies. It is just our luck. The week that Hunter comes off oxygen we all get sick.

Can you feel my frustration? I have to pray that he does not come down with anything. It could set him back if he does.

0 comments: