Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday, September 7, 2008

As it stands right now, the vent settings are as low as they can be without extubating him. Hopefully, if nothing changes, they are going to try sprints tonight. I know, I know..what the hell am I talking about? They are going to make him get up and sprint up and down the hall to see how well his lungs can handle the exercise. Okay, I'm not funny whatsoever. But, it was worth a try. Sprints are when they keep him intubated, but Hunter has to initiate his own breath. It gives the medical team a good idea how he will do when they extubate him. It could be as early as tomorrow. We will know more after Hunter does his sprints! He hates the vent and fights against it. Don't ask me how he fights against it? He's pretty smart and found a way. Please pray that Hunter's respiratory system is better and he is able to initiate his own breathing again so they can extubate him.

Although they are talking about extubating him, we will still be here for awhile. It all depends on Hunter and how fast he can get back to the nasal cannula 1/4 liter. Hopefully, we will be home by my birthday (9/26) All I want for my b-day is him home with me, cuddling him all day long

0 comments: